Access New Zealand's largest business directory in style, with the official Yellow® app for Windows. The app makes searching for businesses easy. You can select from a category to show results for your current location; re-search easily from your recent searches list or click on your saved favourite business to access their details. The listing gives you detailed information about the business including reviews from other customers. The integrated map quickly allows you to see their location and get step by step directions. You can even rate and review the business yourself.
Yellow® required their applications and services to be available to the widest possible audience. Making Yellow® available on Windows and Windows Phone is a continuation of Yellow®'s forward thinking and proactive stance in the mobile space.
We designed and developed the Yellow® apps in partnership with the Yellow® mobile team. The application seamlessly integrates with the Yellow® web services and makes use of native windows and windows phone features such as location services and offline storage to make searching on the go as easy as possible. We employed a ‘clutter free’ approach to the design, removing all unnecessary elements with a focus on content and the task in hand, in the spirit of the overall Windows user experience guidelines.
- Business searches
- View results in map and list modes
- Refine results
- View not just businesses that are located in your area of interest but that service the area
- View detailed business descriptions to help you make informed decisions
- Save favourite listings
- Quickly access previous searches
- Pin businesses and searches to your start screen
- Share listings via email. Facebook, Twitter and other social networks set up on your device
- The ability to rate and review businesses
- Account registration and login (to rate and review a business)
The Windows Phone app was launched into the Marketplace in early November 2010 and this was followed by the launch of the Windows app in December 2013. Both apps have since then remained a consistently featured, top free application in the New Zealand marketplace together with a 5 star rating. They’ve become essential apps for any Windows user living or travelling within New Zealand.
Marker Metro won the Microsoft New Zealand Partner Windows Application Developer of the Year 2013 Award for the Yellow® Windows 8 app.