St John CPR
St John is at the frontline of medical response providing AmbuCPlance Services to 90% of the population throughout New Zealand. They’re also part of the broader landscape of health and social care, through the provision of first aid training, event medical services, medical alarms, youth programmes and a wide range of community programmes.
Marker Metro is a proud supporter of St John and their work in the community. We designed and developed the St John CPR Windows Phone 8 app pro bono so that we can help the team at St John extend their great work in the community.
Utilizing Native Capability
Windows Phone users can have CPR & AED instructions spoken back to them by their handsets and pin shortcuts to the different CPR techniques on the home screens.
The app teaches the life-saving skills of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (commonly known as CPR) and shows you how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator). Knowing how to save the life of a family member, friend or colleague is vital - you never know when you might need to and this app is completely FREE.
Features of the app include:
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and AED tutorials
- CPR and AED training videos from Dr Tony Smith, Medical Director at St John New Zealand
- Maori and Simplified Chinese translations
- Beeping and vibrating CPR Timing Assist to help you with consistent chest compressions
- Set up your own emergency services phone number – useful when travelling abroad
The app is available on iOS and Andriod platforms as well as Windows Phone so there’s no excuse for you not to have it downloaded and ready should you ever need to use it.